Tree to 6 Metres, 3 Metres wide
Ornamental & fast growing.
Glossy dark green to yellow foliage, leaves smell lemony when crushed, Creamy-White flowers in Summer, tasty edible purplish-blue fruit in March-May.
Natural Habitat: Coastal hind-dunes, Dry Rainforest
Aspect: Full Sun / Filtered Sun
Soil/Conditions: Sandy, Adaptable
- Edible Fruit – ideal for jam making
- Good Windbreak or Street Tree
- Bird attracting
- Tolerates south-east winds and salt spray.
- Attracts bees (Wheen Bee Foundation)
- Kids Garden
- Bush Food Garden
- Gardening for Biodiversity
- Birds and Butterflies
- Native Rainforest