Tree 10 to 20 Metres
Medium to large tree in Eucalypt forests. Fast growing and hardy.
Corky bark and needle-like leaves. Large woody seed cones to 4cm long.
A food source for the Glossy Black Cockatoo.
Natural Habitat: Eucalypt Rainforest
Aspect: Full Sun / Filtered Sun
Soil/Conditions: Adaptable / Well-Drained
• Good Windbreak Plant
• Glossy Black Cockatoo Feed Tree
• Male and Female flowers on separate plants
• Fallen needles form plant excluding mulch
• Aboriginal Food and Tool Source
- Gardening for Biodiversity
- Birds and Butterflies
- Coastal Natives